Swami Prasad Maurya is an Indian politician. He is a member of the 17th Legislative Assembly of the government of Uttar Pradesh. He was elected to the Legislative Assembly for five terms from the Dalmau and Padrauna constituency of Uttar Pradesh. As an MLA, he held key positions such as Cabinet Minister, House Leader, and Leader of the Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh government. Swami Prasad Maurya served as Cabinet Minister for Labor, Employment and Coordination in the government of Uttar Pradesh from March 19, 2017 to January 11, 2022.
Wiki / Bio
Swami Prasad Maurya was born on Saturday, January 2, 1954 (age 68 years; from 2022) at Village and Post Office – Chakwad, Distt – Pratapgarh, UP Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. He earned a master’s degree, LLB from the University of Allahabad.
Height (approx.): 5 ′ 4 ″
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Black
Fathers and brothers
His father’s name is Badlu Maurya and his mother’s name is Jagannathi Maurya. He has three younger brothers and a younger sister.
wife and sons
Swami Prasad Maurya is married to Shiva Maurya. The couple has two children. His son’s name is Utkrust Maurya and he is a politician.
Her daughter’s name is Sanghmitra Maurya and she’s a politician.
183 Unchahar constituency (Uttar Pradesh) at serial number 679 in room number 302.
Swami Prasad Maurya began his political journey in 1980 when he was appointed president of Allahabad Yuva Lokdal in Uttar Pradesh. The following year, he was promoted to a member of the Yuva Lokdal State Executive Committee. He served as Mahamantri of UP Lokdal until 1989. In 1991, he joined Janata Dal and was appointed General Secretary of the party. Swami Prasad Maurya resigned from Janata Dal in 1996.
Bahujan Samaj Party
Swami Prasad Maurya joined the Bahujan Samaj Party on January 2, 1996 and was appointed General Secretary and Vice President of State of BSP in Uttar Pradesh. In the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections in 1996, Swami Prasad Maurya was elected as a member of the Legislative Assembly of the Dalmau constituency. Soon, he was appointed Cabinet Minister in the allied government of the Bahujan Samaj Party and the Bhartiya Janta Party in Uttar Pradesh from March 27, 1997 to October 19, 1997. During this period, he also held the portfolio of Khadi and Rural Industries. Swami Prasad Maurya served as leader of the opposition from September 18, 2001 to October 17, 2001. In the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections in 2002, Swami Prasad Maurya was elected as a member of the Legislative Assembly of the electoral district of Dalmau as a candidate for Bahujan Samaj. Party. Swami Prasad Maurya represented BSP as head of the Legislative Council and cabinet minister from August 30, 2003 to September 7, 2003. He was awarded the portfolio of Khadi and Rural Industries. In the 2007 general elections, Swami Prasad Maurya suffered a defeat by the opposition party; however, Mayawati became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the fourth time, and appointed Swami Prasad Maurya as Minister of Finance and Leader of the Legislative Council on June 29, 2007. He was elevated to the position of National President of Bahujan Samaj. Party on August 8, 2008. In the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections in 2007, Swami Prasad Maurya was elected to the Legislative Assembly of the Padrauna constituency as the candidate of the Bahujan Samaj Party. From May 17, 2007 to May 30, 2009, Swami Prasad Maurya was assigned the additional position of Cooperative Minister of Uttar Pradesh. From November 15, 2009 to March 15, 2012, he served as Cabinet Minister, Minister of Panchayati Raj, and Leader of the Legislative Council. Swami Prasad Maurya was given additional responsibility by the Department of Land and Water Resources Development and Dr. Ambedkar Rural Comprehensive Development Department of Uttar Pradesh on April 8, 2011. In the 2012 general elections, Swami Prasad Maurya was elected a member of the Legislative Assembly. Assembly of the electoral district of Padrauna as candidate of the Bahujan Samaj Party in which he was appointed leader of the opposition in the Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh on March 16, 2012. He resigned from the Bahujan Samaj Party on June 22, 2016 and stated that BSP demands money for ballots. The head of the BSP, Mayawati, dined all the Maurya accusations in a press conference and claimed that the party was about to expel Maurya from the party because it was trying to impose a dynastic policy within the BSP and Mayawati also thanked Swami Prasad Maurya for leaving his party on his own.
Bharatiya Janta Party
In 2017, Swami Prasad Maurya joined the Bharatiya Janta Party and was elected to the Legislative Assembly of the Padrauna constituency of Uttar Pradesh as the candidate of the Bharatiya Janta Party. As Cabinet Minister, he was assigned the Uttar Pradesh portfolio of Labor and Employment Exchanges, Urban Employment and Poverty Alleviation. After the expansion of the Yogi Adityanath Ministry, Maurya was appointed Minister of Labor, Employment and Coordination on August 21, 2019. Swami Prasad Maurya resigned from the Bharatiya Janta Party on January 11, 2022 and joined the Samajwadi Party.
- Deposits in Banks: Rs 16,70,242
- Agricultural Land: Rs 11,00,000
- Non-agricultural land: Rs 10,00,000
- Residential buildings: Rs 35,00,000
As of 2012, his net worth was Rs. 36, 50, 500.
Facts / Curiosities
- In 2016, Swami Prasad Maurya changed his religion from Hinduism to Buddhism. Follow Dr. BR Amedkar.
- Swami Prasad Maurya founded Loktantrik Bahujan Manch in July 2016 at the Ramabai Ambedkar Rally Ground in Lucknow.
- Swami Prasad Maurya’s daughter, Sanghmitra Maurya, was elected Member of Parliament for the Budaun constituency of Uttar Pradesh as a candidate for the Bharatiya Janata Party in 2019.
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a yoga enthusiast. Practice yoga regularly to stay physically and mentally strong.
- On January 12, 2022, Swami Prasad Maurya’s son, Utkarsh Maurya, clarified in a press conference shortly after his father’s departure from the BJP that his father was not asking for election tickets for Utkarsh and his sister. Utkarsh also added that his father resigned from the BJP of his own free will. He said,
Even today, there is no problem that my father wants a ticket for me or my sister. My father and the party will decide if I have to stand in the elections or they want me as a party worker for the next elections to the Assembly ”.
- More than 44k people follow Swami Prasad Maurya on Twitter. He often tweets the main events of his political party on Twitter.
- When Swami Prasad Maurya was a member of the Bahujan Samajwadi Party, he was often seen bowing down and touching the feet of Mayawati, who is the head of the BSP, during the party’s campaigns and rallies and swearing-in ceremonies.
- Shortly after resigning from the BJP in January 2022, Maurya received legal notice and an arrest warrant for appearing in court. In 2014, Swami Prasad Maurya made a statement that hurt the religious feelings of the Indians. He was also charged for giving such a statement by the Uttar Pradesh police. In the statement, Swami Prasad Maurya said:
Gauri-Ganesh is not to be worshiped in marriages. This is a conspiracy to deceive the Dalits and vice versa in the Manuwadi system and turn them into slaves. “