Realtek is one of the most popular semiconductor manufacturing company that produces audio chipsets too. A lot of desktop and laptop PCs come with Realtek audio codecs and you might have used some of them too just like CPU temperature monitor tools. Currently, the Realtek audio drivers are available only for the Windows operating system and you can even download it to get more control over your system’s audio. Realtek High-Definition Audio Manager comes with a lot of enhancements and tools that allow a user to get amazing sound results on his system. If you have never used Realtek audio manager before, then you can download it right from the official website and install it on your Windows devices.
A lot of Realtek Audio Manager users out there have a complaint that the icon or dock gone missing from their systems. Well, this issue is not new and if you are facing it then you don’t have to worry about anything. There are a couple of reasons behind it and you can get it back easily. When you install the Realtek audio driver in your system, then a shortcut gets created automatically at the desktop. Though a lot of users don’t prefer it since you can access Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver from the system tray icon. If your system tray is missing Realtek drivers for audio then you can either use the search box to find it or use some other ways.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about Realtek Audio driver Windows 10 and will you how to access Realtek audio manager is you are not able to find it in the system tray or in the start menu. Realtek audio driver missing is not a major problem as it keeps on working in the background but if you are thinking to change some settings of it, then you might need to fix missing Realtek audio manager. The best thing you can do is to use the search feature of Windows to look for Realtek in Audio Manager Windows 10 then you can open it and change the settings of it. But this isn’t a fix so just keep reading this article to solve Realtek HD audio manager missing from Windows 10/8.1/7.
- 1 What Is Realtek High Definition Audio Manager?
- 2 How To Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing Windows 10/8.1/7
- 3 Download Realtek Sound Manager | Realtek HD Audio Manager
What Is Realtek High Definition Audio Manager?
As we told above, Realtek HD Audio Manager is basically a tool to manage and change settings for Realtek audio drivers on your system. By default, you can use the Control Panel to access all of the Realtek Audio Manager features, including the sound settings. But the Realtek Audio Manager comes with so many advanced sound control options that make it easy for everyone to get the best sound effects on their system. If you have not used it before, then try opening the Realtek Audio Manager interface once and go through the settings. You will find a lot of great sound enhancement options that can be used to get great high-quality sound.
- Also Read: Steam Content File Locked Error
Causes of Realtek HD Audio Driver Missing
Since Realtek Audio Manager missing is a very common problem among the users, you must know the reasons behind it. It depends on your system, that why you can’t find Realtek audio manager. Based on the reason, you can find a solution to fix it, or you can try following each method we have mentioned below to see which one worked for you. Below we have mentioned some of the most common causes of Realtek HD audio manager Windows 10 missing problem.
- Faulty/out-dated drivers.
- The latest updates are not installed.
- Force closing of the application.
- Change in internal app settings.
How To Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing Windows 10/8.1/7
Use The Troubleshooter For Realtek Sound Driver
The first thing you can do to fix Realtek Audio Manager Windows 10 missing is using the Windows troubleshooter. If you are not a tech person, then you will find this option useful since it will fix most of the problems in your system automatically. It doesn’t matter if you are using Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager, Gigabyte Realtek HD Audio Manager or MSI Realtek HD Audio Manager you can use this feature to solve this issue. Remember that this will not fix your problem for sure, but this is the best method to fix every issue you are facing with anything on your Windows PC. Just follow the below steps to fix issues with Realtek Audio drivers Windows 10/8.1/7.
- First of all, press Windows Key + R to open the RUN box.
- Copy-paste or type control.exe /name Microsoft.Troubleshooting.
- Press Enter to open the Troubleshooting window.
- Scroll down and open Hardware and Sound.
- On Windows 10, click on Playing Audio.
- Now click on Run The Troubleshooter button.
- A new window with the troubleshooter will start running.
- Wait for a few minutes till Windows detect the problems with your system’s audio.
- Now, the problems will either be fixed automatically or showed to you with options to fix them.
Enable Realtek HD Audio Manager Startup
If you are not able to find Realtek High Definition Audio Manager then you can try enabling it on the startup. This will force the Realtek sound manager to run at the startup and you can fix DNS Server Not Responding with it. It doesn’t matter if you are using Realtek HD Audio Manager Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 the method remains the same for all. You don’t have to download any third-party app or tool to get this work done as you can do it in just a few steps. Just follow the steps mentioned below to enable the Realtek HD audio manager startup option.
- First of all, right-click on Taskbar or press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.
- This will open Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Startup tab.
- Find the Realtek Audio Manager from the list.
- Right-lick on it and click on Enable.
Now just restart your system and the Realtek Sound Manager will start automatically at the bootup. You will be able to see the Realtek Audio Manager icon in it. Just click on it and the interface will come up on your screen.
Rollback Realtek Audio Console Drivers
If you have updated the Realtek Audio drivers for Windows 10 and started experiencing a problem with it after that, then you can rollback your drivers. It doesn’t matter if you are using Realtek HD Audio Manager Windows 10, 8.1 or 7, you can use the Device Manager to roll back the drivers in all of them. Remember that you can’t do this from the Realtek Audio control panel and this has to be done from the Windows built-in Device Manager.
- First of all, press Windows Key + R to open the RUN box.
- Now, type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and press Enter.
- Scroll down and double-click on Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Double-click on the Sound Card you are using.
- Navigate to the Driver Tab.
- Click on the Roll Back Driver button and follow the on-screen instructions.
If doing this has fixed your problem, then you can do Realtek HD Audio Manager download Windows 10 from the link we have provided below. By doing so, you will be able to install the Realtek HD audio manager update with the stable version. Instead of updating the drivers of the current version, you must do free download Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Uninstall & Re-Install Realtek Audio Manager
The last option you left with is to uninstall and reinstall the Realtek Audio Driver for Windows 10. We will recommend you to install the latest version of this audio driver after uninstalling it so you don’t get DPC Watchdog Violation. We have already shared the latest Realtek HD audio driver Windows 10 download link below that can be used for the installation. Follow the below steps to uninstall the Realtek Audio Manager driver from your system.
- First of all, press Windows Key + R to open Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Alternatively, you can also right-click on Start Button and click on Device Manager.
- Find and double-click on Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Now, right-click on Realtek Audio and click on Uninstall Device.
- Once done, click on Action from the menu bar and select Scan For Hardware Changes.
Your problem will be fixed and if it doesn’t then you can repeat the same steps one more time. This time, instead of clicking on scan for hardware changes you can just uninstall the drivers and restart your system to install Realtek HD audio driver failure automatically.
Download Realtek Sound Manager | Realtek HD Audio Manager
If you are not able to fix this issue by following the methods mentioned above, then you can download Realtek HD Audio Manager latest version and install it on your system. You can use uninstaller tools like Revo Uninstaller or use the built-in Control Panel to uninstall the previous version of Realtek HD Audio Manager from your system. The latest version will help you to enjoy all of the latest features of this sound driver, and you can also choose the option to show a shortcut on the desktop while installing it.
We have mentioned the official Realtek website download link below that can be used to do the Realtek Audio Manager download & also for Mi Unlock Tool. You can visit the Realtek HD Audio Manager download page and select the version according to the version of Windows you are using. So it doesn’t matter if you are looking for Realtek HD Audio Manager Windows 10 download or for Windows 7, you can use the same link to get it.
Bring Back Realtek Audio Driver Console
There are many people out there who don’t know how to open Realtek HD Audio Manager and they simply start searching for solutions to fix Realtek audio manager not showing up. Well, if you have HD Realtek audio manager installed in your system, then you can simply navigate to the installation directory to find the executable file. You can run it and the program will start working. Then you can create a shortcut for the file on your desktop and run it every time you need to use Realtek Sound Manager. If you don’t know how to use Realtek HD Audio Manager then you can navigate to its official website to find out the documentation.
- First of all, press Windows Key + R.
- RUN Box will appear on your screen.
- Simply copy-paste the below directory location in it.
- Press Enter and the file explorer window will appear on your screen.
- Locate the Realtek Audio Manager .exe file and double-click on it.
- Realtek Audio Manager will open and you can start using it.
- Right-click on the file again and create a shortcut on the desktop.
- Next time, when you want to use it you can click on the desktop shortcut to use Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- This is how to open Realtek audio manager Windows 10/8.1/7 easily.
So this is all about how to open Realtek Audio Manager to fix the missing problem. We hope you are able to fix Realtek HD Audio driver Windows 10 missing problem by following the methods mentioned above. We don’t recommend you use any third-party app or tool to fix these kinds of problems as they can create more problems with the system and its settings. Though you can use programs to update your out-dated software or drivers.
We will keep this post updated with more methods to fix Windows 10 no sound Realtek problem, so keep visiting Hacking News Tutorials to know about them. If you are facing any issues with any method to fix Realtek HD Audio drivers Windows 10 missing problem, then you can ask us for help via the comments below. Those who know more methods to fix Realtek HD Audio driver missing error can tell us so we can include them to this list.